How do I create different types of web redirects with my cPanel?
To create different types of web redirects from the Domains box in your cPanel > Redirects section. The redirections that you create can be either temporary or permanent.
Temporary Redirects mean that the page is sending status code 302 to the browser. The 302 code tells the browser not to save this redirect into the cached data.
NOTE: IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE TEMPORARY REDIRECTS UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU WON’T NEED TO CHANGE THE REDIRECT IN THE FUTURE
Status code 301 is used for Permanent Redirects and are cached in the browser memory. When you implement a Permanent Redirect the page has moved and the status code requests that any search engine or user agent coming to the page updates the URL in their database.
- How do I password protect a single file through my cPanel? (Views: 1211)
- What is Sub domain ? (Views: 1189)
- How To Change Your cPanel Password (Views: 1289)
- How To Login To cPanel (Views: 1478)
- What is a domain name ? (Views: 1362)